Sunday 1 March 2015

One month to go...

It's nearly here!!

In exactly one month, Synthetica will be published on Amazon!

I still can't believe it. I feel a bit like I did when I announced rather suddenly to my family that I was going to teach English in China for six months. I didn't truly believe I was doing it until I was actually on the plane. I don't think they really believed it either...

It's been a long, long road to self publishing my book, but I've learnt so many things and I wouldn't change it for the world. I never thought this time a year ago, that I'd be gearing up to the release of my first book. It's always been some kind of shiny, far-off dream - something for me to daydream about, but not to actually do.

It's a scary feeling to think that, soon, people will be able to read words that I've actually written. If I'm completely honest, my self-doubt is going into overdrive right now - what if my novel is actually a big pile of crap? What if this is all a huge mistake? What if everyone hates my cover and won't buy my book because of it? What no one likes my book?? What if no one reads it?!

This last point is the one I'm most worried about. I'm so worried that Synthetica will just get lost in amongst the thousands of other ebooks out there, no matter how much promoting I do. It's doing my head in. Sometimes, I really wish my mind had a 'mute' button. I know I'm being neurotic, and that every writer (apparently - I wouldn't personally know, being a newbie at all this) goes through phases of self-doubt, but as I'm self-publishing, I'm already well aware I'm at a disadvantage. I simply don't have the money to throw at large marketing campaigns - I just have little old me, and this blog. And Twitter. And Goodreads.

Okay, so it's not like I'm completely empty-handed, but it's still a terrifying process.

But I'm not going to let it get me down. I've simply got to think of it as a 'challenge' ;).

But just in case, if there's anyone out there who'd be willing to review Synthetica - please just let me know! If you're interested, feel free to leave a comment, or drop me a line at rachelsramblingsblog[@]gmail.com - and I'd be happy to send you a copy to review.

And yeah, yeah, yeah, I know that's straight up begging, but hey ho, that's the way it goes ;).

Have a great Sunday, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure these worries are normal, although I haven't been in your shoes yet! Take a deep breath and rise to the challenge. I hope it is exciting and rewarding for you. I wish you lots of good things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzanne :)! It's very scary, but exciting at the same time - I'll just have to remember why I'm doing this! Thank you so much for your support :)

      Delete

I love chatting and meeting new people :). Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS